Friday 9 June 2017

Life lately, Spring 2017.


Life lately, spring 2017.  By UK blogger secondhandsusie.blogspot.com

Celebrating - Joe and I had our 1st wedding anniversary in May.  We had a lovely party with lots of family and friends (kind of a belated wedding reception!) and Joe bought me a this book, I'm not sure what that says about what he thinks of me or our relationship, but I love it anyway!

Holidaying - We had a lovely week long holiday Aberdovey last month, lovely walks on the beach, some sunny days, and an inspirational visit to CAT in Machynlleth.

Life lately, spring 2017.  By UK blogger secondhandsusie.blogspot.com

Listening to - I have a Lush Spa CD (this Beatles one) and I love soaking in a warm bath and chilling out while it's on.  

Auntie-ing - My littlest niece suddenly had this whole new vocabulary - it's all 'that's a bit manky' 'she will be disgusted by it' or 'please pass the sellopape' roud here - she's only two!  Big niece just gets cleverer and cleverer too.  We spend a lot of time checking out the tadpoles in my Mum's garden, looking at wiggly worms.  I'm so lucky I get to spend this time with them, I'm making the most of it before big one goes off to school in September!

Life lately, spring 2017.  By UK blogger secondhandsusie.blogspot.com

Watching - I don't like Amazon, but hypocritically signed up for a free trial of Amazon Prime because I Really needed something delivered next day and didn't want to pay the £8 delivery fee.  So we've been watching Amazon Prime TV this month, I've watched nearly all of Awkward and Joe's been watching American Gods.  I loved the 3rd season of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and the new episodes of iZombie too.  And Doctor Who is so good this season, I love Bill so much! 

Gardening - My raised beds are super productive at the moment and they're making me so happy!  I've decided to try to squeeze as many trees into the garden as possible, and started by buying 3 this month!  I've been reading lots about Permaculture and hope to include lots of Permaculture principles in the garden.

Life lately, spring 2017.  By UK blogger secondhandsusie.blogspot.com

Reading - So many gardening books, and lots of easy reads (all I can cope with during a snap general election!), I've been enjoying the Worst Witch series - please can I go and live in a witches school?!

Working - Work is workish.  It's fine.  I'm trying a new thing where I don't talk or think about work at home, and it's working out pretty well.  I came back from my holiday so lovely and calm, and I'm trying to keep hold of that feeling! 

Life lately, spring 2017.  By UK blogger secondhandsusie.blogspot.com

Looking forward to - a summer of being in the garden.

Eating - I've become a regular at my local Novello Lounge (for the vegan breakfast!) - I've been twice this week! 

Life lately, spring 2017.  By UK blogger secondhandsusie.blogspot.com

Guiding - I'm so looking forward to a big district event this month to celebrate 100 years of Guiding in Shropshire (and there'll be a special badge!)

Writing - I've started writing 'morning pages' when I have time in the mornings.  The idea is to just get up and write, stream of consciousness style, ideally 3 pages but I usually only manage 2, and it gets all your creative and stressy feelings out and helps you to work through stuff.  I was sceptical but I've been finding it really helpful.  

Life lately, spring 2017.  By UK blogger secondhandsusie.blogspot.com

Wanting - Labour to win the general election, so bad.  I'm writing this in advance, on Thursday, so I don't know what the outcome will be, but I'm hoping so hard for a Labour government, and if not I'm hoping so hard that we can come together and make it through another 5 years of the Tories.  

Life lately, spring 2017.  By UK blogger secondhandsusie.blogspot.com

Blogging - The most popular posts in this little corner of the internet have been, 

Use a wooden toilet brush (I don't know why, but it's popular!)






Hope you've had a happy springy spring!
 

 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. Wow a year! That has gone by quickly - CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS !! Have ever thought of doing forest gardening? it can be quite productive and actively encourages the use of trees not only to give the height but as a support for vertical planting too. the results are in, not quite as red as I'd hoped but a lot less blue!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's gone fast!

      And yes, I am superinterested in forest gardening (and have a blog post scheduled about it in fact!) I definitely want to incorporate lots of ideas from it in my garden!

      I'm feeling hopeful after the election results, a lot more Labour seats won - yey!

      Delete
  2. Happy anniversary! It's wonderful to see you looking so happy. :) I really love the sound of your writing exercise. I must do something like that; I've not been feeling very creative recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      I do feel happier and more creative if I've done my writing for the morning, I don't do it every morning, but it's a good day if I've managed it.

      Delete
  3. Happy Anniversary to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! Writing morning pages, sounds so good. Maybe I'll try it in my summer vacation, when I don't have to wake up at 6 in the morning and run out the door in 30 minutes :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      And yes, 6am is not the time for morning pages - urgh! xx

      Delete
  5. Happy Anniversary, happy, smiley people!
    I love the idea of your daily writing and always enjoy reading about your inspirational garden.
    Okay, we didn't win but I'm rather excited, the political climate has had a huge shake-up, the youth turned out in their thousands and Jezza conducted himself brilliantly. The times are a-changing! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed - one of my fave customers at work told me 'the revolution started last night' then punched the air, which pretty much sums up my mood at the moment!

      Delete
  6. Happy anniversary! And what a busy spring you've had.
    Never has defeat felt so much like a victory - considering I had resigned myself to a large Tory majority, I spent much of the weekend feeling jubilant and more hopeful than I have in years. Just imagine how he could have done if much of his own party hadn't spent the previous 2 years stabbing him in the back? Fingers crossed now for a more united Labour party and some real change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      And yep, I totally agree, it's unusual for me to feel hopeful after a general election, but I genuinely do this time.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting!

You can also find me on Twitter @secondhandsusie and Facebook facebook.com/secondhandsusie